Mary's Feeders has been making quality bird feeders since 1987 and they are still the best!
We have been making these great feeders for 34 years now and our hummingbird feeders have stood the test of time. The NJ-1 works better than any other feeder because we use hexagonal raised diamond geometry of ports that allows the hummingbirds to visually locate the nectar like they do when they look into a flower. The unique design of our Mary's Feeders NJ-1 allows you to watch hummingbirds using their beaks and tongues within the tube so you can actually see the feeding process happen. Did you know a hummingbird’s tongue can reach almost an inch past its beak?
Built-in Ant Moat For Mary's Sweety Hummingbird Feeder
The uni-body design makes this feeder exceptionally easy to fill and clean. By using hexagonal raised diamond geometry of ports we are able to prevent bees from taking over the feeder which makes it even more desirable to your hummingbirds.
- Each feeder has a 12 ounce capacity for Nectar
- General dimensions (Red lid is 8 inches by 8 inches). Nectar bowl is (6 inches x 6 inches)
- Designed, Tooled, and Molded 100% in The United States of America
- 30 feeding ports (like real-life flowers)
- Different facets (sparkles beautifully like a diamond in the sunlight to attract the hummingbirds)
- Unique filling system (simply pour sugar and water into correct levels) no outside measuring
- Or Easy outside filling (simply lift the lid and pour nectar in) if you prefer to fill with a pitcher of nectar
- Extremely tough highest quality UV resistant polycarbonate material (made in the U.S.A)
- Heavy-duty construction to last a lifetime (for durability and toughness)
- Large hanger hook diameter for easy hanging anywhere
- Dishwasher safe
- Hexagonal raised diamond geometry of ports denies insects of nectar
- Raised feeding ports prevent Rain from running into the bowl
- Excellent for ornithology studies (30 ports simulate real-life flowers)
- Lifetime Guarantee
Must a Hummingbird Feeder be red?
Hummingbirds need calories all the time. So they can't afford to be picky about the color of nectar-producing flowers. What flowers do you have that your hummingbirds like? Most likely, they're not all red.
Many people confuse “attract” with “feed”. Hummingbirds are naturally attracted to flowers. Particularly, flowers that produce nectar. Right now you're probably muttering, 'Well, what flowers attract hummingbirds???' We could prattle on about different flowers but your local nursery has the BEST advice.
By far our most popular feeder and here are what some of our customers have said:
“I was very pleased with the results and have had more hummingbirds than ever visit my feeder.”
“Your feeders are positively the best! I have been feeding hummingbirds for many years and still have other types of feeders hanging – but the hummingbirds only feed from your feeder!”
“This feeder is unquestionably the best hummingbird feeder I have owned. Hummers were coming to it when they would avoid my other feeders.”
We designed this feeder to hold 12 oz of nectar (sugar water). Mary's Feeders hummingbird feeders are handmade in Wisconsin from impact resistant plastics and they come with instructions for making your own nectar. Pair this feeder with our SCH-61 Suction Cup Bracket for up close, 360 degree viewing. Expect a lot of activity!